A banquet of love awaits the bride-to-be.
The audience is wedding guest, confidante and provocateur as the blossoming union begins to unravel.
Beast Banquet is an interactive performance event with conversation, confession and intimate digression in elegant surrounds. Dessert will be served.…
Rules du jour
- The event will occur throughout the building. There is no stage; you are welcome to share the spaces occupied by the performers.
- The performers may address you directly at close quarters. This may seem unusual, but the event will benefit from your engagement at whatever level feels comfortable for you.
- Your silence, also, will be respected.
- You may be invited by a performer to speak with them, to move from your seat or to go to another room.
- Sometimes an audience contribution may be hard to hear – feel free to say ‘Could you please repeat that?’.
- There is no interval but dessert will be served, and you are free to move about the space as you require.
- The performance will last approximately two hours.
Performance History and Awards
Melbourne: Fitzroy Town Hall and City Tiler 2007
Created by: one step at a time like this – Suzanne Kersten, Clair Korobacz, Paul Moir, Julian Rickert – and Triage Live Art Collective
Directors: Suzanne Kersten and Katerina Kokkinos-Kennedy
Performers: Rudie Chapman, Clair Korobacz, Gianni Montalto, Paul Moir and Julian Rickert
Partners and Support
Supported by a City of Yarra Arts Grant